Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Why does my My Pictures folder icon change and how to change it back?

I'm using windows xp.



I've expierienced this a few times before and I never knew how to change it back. problem is, my icon for MY PICTURES has changed to standard, closed folder icon. Since I'm crazy for perfection, I want it to be back, that icon with yellow folder and a picture peeking out of it. help?Why does my My Pictures folder icon change and how to change it back?
Your'; My pictures'; folder is lacking'; Desktop.ini'; file.

Putting the file back in to the folder will solve the problem.



Open My documents folder.

click on File,

Against new, click folder,

A new folder will be created.

Right click on new folder and click properties,

click customize,

under folder icons (at bottom), click change icon.

In the icons window search for my picture icon (folder icon with picture) , click on it.

press OK.OK.

Now new folder will have new icon of my pictures.

Double click this folder and copy Desktop.ini file.

Paste Desktop.ini file in original My pictures folder.

Icon of My pictures folder will change as you desired.

You can delete now the newly created folder.



Pl note:

Desktop.ini file may be hidden file %26amp; needs to unhide.

Before starting the whole process,

Go to control panel,

Folder options,

click on view tab,

click show hidden files and folders,

uncheck-Hide extensions for known file types.

uncheck-Hide protected operting system files

press ok.



Best of luck.
  • spots on dogs skin
  • for hair loss prevention
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment