Thursday, September 22, 2011

Why does my desktop picture change whenever I boot up my Mac?

This is the second Mac Mini I've had that does this. Whenever I boot up, my desktop background changes to one that I had previously. How can I make it so that I have ONE background picture each time I boot up? I've gone through my preferences and EVERYTHING trying to figure it out. I do not have this option ';ON'; in my preferences.Why does my desktop picture change whenever I boot up my Mac?
Just to make sure?In the Desktop %26amp; Screensaver pane of System Preferences, under the desktop tab, uncheck the option next to ';Change Picture:?quot; Deselecting that option should fix your issue.



Make sure you are shutting down your Mac properly. Select shut down from the Apple menu, press the button on the Mac, or whatever. Just make sure that the dialog box comes up asking to shut down.



Another thing to try is to do a repair permissions. This is a common troubleshooting task that you can do. Open up Disk Utility (Applications %26lt; Utilities). Select your hard drive on the left of that window. Select the First Aid tab, and then click on the ';Repair Permissions'; button. This can solve a number of issues.Why does my desktop picture change whenever I boot up my Mac?
this is happening to me, Did you ever find out how to fix it?

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment