Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change icon pictures on my desktop?

How do I go about changing an icon on my desktop. I have gone to the icon and right clicked and I cant find anything that says change icon.How do I change icon pictures on my desktop?
You can right click on the icon and click propertys then click on change icon.How do I change icon pictures on my desktop?
if they are standard icons, with the small box and arrow in the corner, then right clicking, choosing properties, and using the 'change icon' button on the 'shortcut' tab is the way to go.



BUT if they are 'special' desktop icons, such as 'my computer' or 'recycle bin' for example, then you need to:

路 right click an empty space on your desktop

路 choose properties

路 choose the desktop tab in the display properties dialog box

路 click customize desktop

路 select the icon you want to change within that window

路 click the 'change icon' button.

路 browse to the icon file, then 'ok' it.



don't forget to 'accept' this answer if it helped.
Most of the folders can be changed .. but not all ... the %26lt;My computer%26gt; and %26lt;My documents%26gt; on the desktop can't be changed ... try a folder inside my documents for example ... right click on it , choose %26lt;properties%26gt; and then %26lt;Customise%26gt; tab .. and then %26lt;change icon%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment