Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I change a .MOV file to something that will play on windows media player?

I went on holiday and took some videos on my camera. Now they're saved as a file on my PC and I want to play them (ideally on Windows media player) but when I try to play them it says they can't be played because the media player doesn't support the type of file. So how can I change it? I know you can change pictures e.g. from a GIF to a JPEG so I'm assuming it can be done to a film.



(Btw I'm not very good with technical stuff so if you can help please keep it as simple as possible! thanks in advance)How do I change a .MOV file to something that will play on windows media player?
There are two ways to deal with this



1. Go to File Hippo.com and download the ';K-Lite Codec Pack';. Install this and windows media player should be able to play the mov file.



2. Or alternatively get a copy of format factory which is a free software for converting audio and video files to other formats and you can convert the file to a wmv (windows media video) and watch it.



Both links in source



hope this helpsHow do I change a .MOV file to something that will play on windows media player?
The .MOV extension refers to Quicktime, which is a free application. Download it from here: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/



Incidentally, Windows Media Player can play .MOV files. You can get the codec here: http://www.3ivx.com/coral/3ivx_d4_451_win.exe and run the setup. Then you should be good to go.
save yourself a lot of trouble and time and just use the VLC player, it can play any format, it's free and many people like me use it as their default player ....it's really that good.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

No comments:

Post a Comment